Tuesday, January 6, 2009

Back in Brooklyn

I'm back in Brooklyn, after a wonderful (though too short) trip home. I had a fantastic Christmas with my families. Got to spend some time with my mom, which was certainly one of the best parts. Here are a few pictures from the different places we visited to cap off 2008.

On Robertson Christmas Eve:
Danielle and I opened gifts from Grandmom...

Glenn and Kim shared a moment...


On Christmas Day we watched 'Paint your Wagon' with my parents. Not the most captivating movie I've ever watched, but I think my dad was happy.

And not everyone made it through the movie :)


Then on Saturday we had Christmas at Danielle and Seth's where I was able to spend time with my other boyfriend.

And we had some fun with Kiley's microscope gift. (That red thing on the TV is Glenn's tongue!)

Token self-portrait shot with the new SLR camera, which came out pretty decent considering.

Guys in the kitchen.


Then it was off to Vermont for the annual skiing trip! I rented new equipment, and experienced a whole new world of ability on the slopes. So much fun. We also rented snowmobiles!


And then I dragged the boys out to a Very 'local' bar to watch Penn State lose to USC. But we had fun.


So now here we are in 2009. And there are so many things to look forward to already! I'll be attending my very first conference tomorrow (Association of Science Teacher Educators--ASTE) with my friend and colleague Kara.
Danielle and Seth are visiting this weekend, and my mom will be down in February.
Classes start up again in 2 weeks, and while I'll be missing Jhumki everyday for the rest of my career, I'm excited for the semester to start.
Plus Coleman will be here in May! I can't wait to be an almost-auntie! And we already have 3 weddings for the month of August. Looks like it will be a busy summer...

But in the mean time its good to be back home with my own little family.

1 comment:

  1. I love this addition. to your blog. This weekend can we RENAME the baby something but coleman? Poor kid can't be named after a camp stove.

    ReplyDelete