I'm dog sitting for a co-worker of Glenn's this weekend. My little black fuzzy buddy is named Slider, but he's way cuter than the tiny hamburgers that share his name. (Don't worry Beemer, you're still my favorite.)
So I was up bright and early with the pup today and we walked for about an hour before heading over to the dog park. I love the city early in the morning. The streets are quite (not like now--9:30 0n a Saturday night.) and peaceful. There are a few other people out, mostly with dogs or exercising. Slider ran around for a while in the dog park and then we headed back to the apartment. Incidently, this apartment is fantastic! It's not as big as our place in Brooklyn, but the location is just amazing. It's across the street, literaly, from NYU, which works out just perfect for me.
I also found that having a dog makes people want to talk to you. In just 24 hours, I've had more random conversations with folks on the street than I have in 2+ years. Quite the people magnet, this little guy.
We had a busy day, 3 walks so far, with one more to go, though right now, he's passed out on the couch. So another glass of wine for me, and then a quick walk in the drizzle before bed.
Saturday, September 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment