Wednesday evening after a long day in the library, I smooshed on to the D train (rush hour is just the worst), sidled up to a little old woman holding on to the pole, and glanced up. And there staring down at me was the greenest, most beautiful grasshopper. I have no idea how he got up there, or where he might have been going, but he made my day. I wanted to scoop him up when I got off, but I was afraid that he'd make a break for it and land on someone's head. A grasshopper freak-out on a crowded train didn't seem like thing for the grasshopper, or the people. So he traveled down to Coney Island where I can only imagine he got off , grabbed a hot dog at Nathan's and took a stroll on the boardwalk.
_______________________________________________________This weekend Glenn is out of town picking up his new car! and visiting some friends on the Cape. I'm here with the furry family.... 
two of the loves of my life....
trying to get ahead of the game for school next week.
It was also a tough week here school-wise. My mentor is very sick, and there is talk of her going on leave this semester which, as one might expect, is hard on several levels. So as much as I miss Glenn when he's away and wish I could be visiting home this weekend, I'm thankful for the time to regroup and sort out all of what is happening.
No comments:
Post a Comment